Monday Recipe: Short Chef
Ray Newlands, AKA, Short Chef is a Miami based chef and culinary expert who is making it his mission to help fight childhood obesity and teaches kids to eat healthy. Ray was kind enough to share a recipe with The Modern Local. Its the perfect dish to whip up for your next tailgating party or get together!
1 head of fresh Cauliflower 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk 3/4 teaspoon sea salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 pound whole wheat or your favorite elbow macaroni 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely grated 2 sticks or a ½ pound of soft unsalted butter Olive-oil cooking spray, to grease your pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Pull leaves off a fresh whole Cauliflower. Steam or boil in 2 inches of water, covered.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook till it is very soft and remove from heat. Let cool, then break apart.
- Once cool and broken, add to a food processor or mash it like mashed potatoes until very fine.
- Add lite salt and black pepper, and stir.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 sticks of UN-salted butter
- Meanwhile cook you pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Add low fat milk to your melted butter
- Add Parmesan and Shredded low fat Cheddar Cheese to pot and stir well, until smooth.
- Add you blended cauliflower and stir well.
- Drain pasta, and combine with cheese sauce; mix well together.
- Lightly coat a cup cake pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs to cover bottom.
- Transfer noodle mixture to dish.
- Bake 15-20 minutes OR until lightly browned and crisp on top
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe will served 8-10 hungry people!
Click here for more info on Short Chef!